USE OF THE CCW LLP WEBSITE (“the Website”) IS GOVERNED BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The use of the world wide web pages of CCW LLP is SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS set out below. Any use of such web pages constitutes your agreement to abide by the terms and conditions. Before using this website, you should carefully read the terms and conditions set out below. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF CCW LLP'S WEB PAGES, PLEASE LEAVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
1. THE WEBSITE PROVIDES GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT DOES NOT PROVIDE, AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL ADVICE, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON WHEN YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING STEPS WHICH MIGHT CHANGE YOUR LEGAL OR FINANCIAL POSITION. Solicitors are highly trained professionals and they can give you advice on how to conduct your affairs but only when they have been made aware of all of the relevant background information. If you want to take our advice on such matters follow the Contact Us link on the home page and speak to one of our solicitors. To sum up, we only accept liability for individually tailored advice which is given to you personally and in writing.
2. © CCW LLP 2003 - 2012. The copyright in material on this website is owned by CCW LLP, and protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom, international copyright treaties and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. You are entitled to copy any information for your own personal use but may not republish any such information in any manner without the prior written consent of CCW LLP. You agree not to remove any product identification, copyright notices or legends or other notices or proprietary restrictions from any of the material or information contained in these web pages. Any unauthorised downloading, retransmission, or other copying or modification of any of the contents of this website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by CCW LLP.
3. Names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs to the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trade marks of CCW LLP. The display of any of the above trade names or trade marks on pages at this website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this website are the trade marks of their respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trade mark owners and CCW LLP intends no infringement of such trade marks. The appearance or absence of product, services, companies, organisations, home pages or other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by CCW LLP. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by CCW LLP.
4. All information (including but not limited to ideas, suggestions, concepts and graphics) submitted to CCW LLP through this website will become the exclusive property of CCW LLP. CCW LLP will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and will be free to use the information for any purpose, excluding that data that is protected by current Data Protection Acts.
5. The information, materials and functions contained in the website including text, graphics, links or other items are provided on an "as is " basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law CCW LLP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, UNDERSTANDINGS WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. CCW LLP reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend or otherwise vary these terms and conditions and its web pages.
6. CCW LLP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, TURNOVER, BUSINESS, REVENUE, CONTRACTS, DATA, GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE AND COMPUTER FAILURE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE, INTERRUPTION OR AVAILABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE, ITS OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHERWISE IN RESPECT OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND HOWSOEVER CAUSED EVEN IF CCW LLP SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. CCW LLP EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS FROM INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDED IN THIS WEBSITE EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW CCW LLP DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE.
7. By virtue of hypertext or other computer links you may be able to access other website pages on the Internet which are not part of CCW LLP’s web pages. CCW LLP is not responsible for nor assumes any liability for the contents of other websites or home pages which are linked to CCW LLP's web pages. CCW LLP shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to CCW LLP's web pages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such regulations as may be from time to time in force. The provision by CCW LLP of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by CCW LLP to you to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by CCW LLP of the material held there.
8. CCW LLP operates this website from Edinburgh, Scotland and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
9. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF SCOTLAND. YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE SCOTTISH COURTS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY APPLICABLE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY FROM WHICH YOU ARE ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE.
CCW LLP is a limited liability partnership of Scottish solicitors approved by the Law Society of Scotland (Registered Number SO300263) with its Registered Office at 40 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4HQ. The members of the firm are John Clarke, Stephen Cotton, Michael Dewar, Alison Marshall, Donna Reynolds and CCW Business Services Limited.